Tanya's Ride (Group #1)
03oct10:00 am3:00 pmTanya's Ride (Group #1)19 Guests are attending
Please note we have changed the registration from the VCC calendar to Race Roster at the request of BIST. All other details remain the same. The
Please note we have changed the registration from the VCC calendar to Race Roster at the request of BIST. All other details remain the same. The Race Roster portal can be accessed at: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/34775/tanyas-ride-for-brain-injury
Tanya’s Ride For Brain Injury October 3rd – Details All Firmed Up
Tanya’s charity ride in support of the Brain Injury Society of Toronto (“BIST”) is being held this year at Albion Hills on Saturday October 3rd. There will be three challenging routes in the beautiful rolling hills of Caledon including a gravel option for those who like to get dirty. The ride will be followed by a tasty light meal.
For those of you who didn’t know Tanya, she was an enthusiastic member of VCC and a leading fundraiser for the Tour for Kids. Tragically, Tanya passed away last year after struggling with a serious brain injury incurred in a cycling accident in 2014.
With all the cancelled rides this year due to COVID we are optimistic there will be a strong turn out and support for BIST.
VCC will be covering the costs for this event but it is a fundraising event for a very important and unfortunately high risk area for the sport that we all love.As with prior years we are setting the minimum donation at $100 with 100% of the funds going to BIST. To assist in the ease of the event BIST has set up a Race Roster registration site which will include all the choices you need to make. As such we will move away from our usual VCC calendar feature.
Sign up here – https://raceroster.com/events/2020/34775/tanyas-ride-for-brain-injury
We also have an initial club fund raising matching challenge that has been tabled. A lead donor will match all VCC donations up to $2000 so let’s make this donor pay!
The main points are as follows:
- the first ride start time at 10am to accommodate a potentially cooler morning.
- If the forecast shows promising closer to ride day we may advise on slightly earlier start times
- To manage food choices we would like commitments to this event by September 24. We should be able to accommodate some late additions but meal choices will not be guaranteed.
- Base camp – Albion Hills, 16500 Highway 50, Caledon, ON – Lakeview 1 picnic site. The permit does restrict us to 50 people (riders and support personnel). Please note that there is a roughly $7 fee to enter the park.
- the site has a covered area, picnic tables, portable washrooms and a fire pit
- Ride choices (15 riders per group):
- Road – +/- 120 km starting at 10am (30-32km avg)
- Road – +/- 70 km starting at 11am (27-29km avg)
- Gravel – +/- 70 km starting at 11am (gravel paced 😊)
- Mechanical support and sag wagon
Please note that the permit does not allow us to offer a mountain bike option. Yes, those are the facts.
Catering will be supplied by Fire It Up BBQ. As no onsite cooking is permitted at Albion Hills, we will be offering a selection of two choices (one vegetarian) which will be pre-ordered and delivered at a pre-set time. We will have additional sundry items including water, additional snacks etc.
Going forward we will be posting the actual routes (we tested the gravel option this morning). We must also be cognizant of any changes that the Ontario Government may make on social gatherings due to COVID. Our event has been set at 50 which is already half the maximum size currently permitted under Phase 3.
Further updates will be forthcoming as we get closer.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Guests List Attending 19
Greg AlfredAidan BainConnor ByrneMorgan ByrneJulie DumaresqChris EllisonKeith LuderArielle LuderNoah LuderDavid LuderBen LuderDavid MacNicolPaul MartinRich MartynMarisa MatissMichael SchatzAaron SeligmanGlenn TapleyAlexander Wilson
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP