Looking Forward to a Great 2021 Riding Season
With the turn of the calendar a new year begins and for us in southern Ontario we get to start thinking beyond riding our trainers over the next couple of months. We at VCC are looking forward to the riding opportunities in 2021 and know that we can manage through whatever COVID has left to challenge us with.
We will open 2021 registration in the next week or so and have been advised that the OCA is combining the 2021 COVID waiver with the registration process so that should reduce the back and forth on this matter.
What we would like our membership to begin thinking about is the potential for greater group riding opportunities in 2021. To assist in this, we have prepared a provisional ride calendar, which of course will be subject to COVID, but where our commitment lies. See calendar here: VCC Provisional 2021 Ride Calendar
What to expect?
- More regular ride opportunities including gravel options
- Commencing in late June through September, the addition of monthly Test Your Limits (TYL) road and gravel rides (>100km)
- Promotion to our membership to participate in several of our favourite organized rides in southern Ontario that hopefully will not be impacted by Covid.
- Jack Ride (whether virtual or not) – May
- Cambridge Tour de Grand Bicycle Ride – June
- Epic Halton Grand Fondo – September
- Hastings Highland Hilly Hundred – October
- The continuation of our club sponsored charity rides: the second rendition of the Tour D’Abernethy and continuation of Tanya’s Ride while we await to see if T4K returns in 2021. And of course, the Steve Hancock Memorial Ride.
Please note that due to the continued COVID restrictions, and as the board is not proposing any matters that require membership voting, the Annual General Meeting will be held as a matter of record with the directors on January 12, 2021. If any member has any matters to raise please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration should be opening soon and we will update you on that and kit ordering in the very near future.